Pat Sajak, born October 26, 1946, is a well-known TV personality. He is best known as the host of the famous TV show called “Wheel of Fortune”. Unbeknownst to many, he started as a radio host and served in the US Army before pursuing an entertainment career. Over the years, he has starred in several shows and movies, making him a popular face in America and around the world.
Childhood and early life of Pat Sajak
Pat Sajak was born in Chicago, USA on October 26, 1946. His paternity, Leonard Anthony Sajak and Joyce Helen. Pat was affected by the family’s poor financial situation; he was determined to do something big with his life.
In addition to financial problems, he had to undergo the pain of his parent’s separation. After the divorce, his mom wedded another man.
Although Sajak struggled through emotional issues, he completed his high school education at Farragut High School and started looking for work immediately after graduation. He found work as a hotel receptionist in Chicago while continuing his studies at Columbia College in Chicago.
When he was in college, he got an offer to host a radio show from midnight to 6 in the morning. The work was demanding, but he continued his studies in addition to his radio work. He slowly realized that entertaining people was something he loved.
In 1968, he joined the U.S. Army and hosted the radio show “An Officer and a Movie.” His tenure in the military ended after controversy when he interrupted President Nixon’s “Christmas Day Broadcast” to Army personnel stationed in Vietnam.
The career of Pat Sajak
• In the early 1970s, Pat worked as a DJ, and as his popularity began to rise, he was offered a voice-over role on NBC’s ‘Today’s Show’, which he quickly turned into a host.
• ‘KNBC-TV’ was looking for a meteorologist in the late 1970s when it came across Pat. They offered him a job and he gladly accepted it.
• In 1981, the channel was looking for a host for its game show “Wheel of Fortune” and the management asked Pat Sajak to host the show. The decision was not welcomed by many within the network, but many others supported the move. Before hosting “Wheel of Fortune,” Pat hosted two game show pilots in 1980. This experience helped Pat get the ‘Wheel of Fortune’.
• Began hosting the show in 1983 and hosted both daytime and evening versions of the game for the next six years. He later continued in prime time but left the daytime version. Audiences loved him for his down-to-earth demeanor and quick wit.
• Not long after, he began hosting several other programs, including a late-night talk show for ‘CBS’ that aired for a short time, and for a time ‘Larry King Live’. Apart from this, he has also hosted several other shows such as ‘Dream House’ and ‘Just Men’.
• He had a small role in the soap opera “Days of Our Lives” appearing as Kevin Hathway in 1983. He also appeared as himself in the popular children’s cartoon show “Rugrats”.
• He appeared as an announcer in the 1982 comedy film “Airplane II: The Sequel.” In 2001, he appeared in one episode of the sitcom ‘The King of Queens.’ Although he expressed his desire to appear in more live shows, he did not appear in many of them.
• Pat appeared with Dan Le Batard on two radio shows: ‘The Dan Le Batard Show with Stugotz’ and ‘Highly Questionable’.
• Regarding his current position, he serves as the director of ‘Eagle Publishing House’, which happens to be a conservative institution. Additionally, he is one of the Board of Trustees at Hillsdale College in Michigan and serves as Vice Chair.
• A confessed baseball fan since childhood, Pat continued his love of the game throughout his life.
Is Pat Sajak Married?
Yes, he is a married man. He was wedded to his ex-wife Sherrill before his present wedding. The couple lived in a beautiful home in Glendale. After renovation, the house was put up for sale in 2014. Currently, Lesly Brown is Pat Sajak’s wife. Lesly is a photographer. She wedded him on 31 December 1989.
The couple has two children. Their first child, son James, was born on September 22, 1990. He is 29 years old. Maggie is the name of Pat’s daughter. She was born on January 5, 1995, and is currently 24 years old.
Facts about Pat Sajak
• He is a faithful member of the churches of Christ.
• He is a big fan of the NHL’s Washington Capitals.
• Pat Owns Maryland-based AM radio station WNAV. He has owned it since 1998.
• Pat Performed in a short film that aired at the Mount Vernon Visitor Center. In the film, he explained to tourists all the attractions of the location. George Washington lives in this area.
• He is the author of several columns for Human Events magazine. It’s a conservative magazine.
• Regularly participates and posts on ricochet.com, a conservative blog. The media character supports Young America’s Foundation.
• This foundation sponsors conservative speakers to visit many college campuses.
• Pat has hosted Wheel of Fortune for over three decades. And he performed exceptionally well, which explains why CBS was reluctant to let him go.
Pat Sajak’s Net Worth 2023
As of 2023, Sajak had a net worth of $70 million.
Pat Sajak’s Net Worth in 2022
He has been one of the most prominent game show hosts for decades, and his worth reveals that he is still at the top of his game. In 2022, Sajak’s net worth is around $70 million and he makes a yearly salary of around $14 million from the game show called Wheel Of Fortune. Along with his annual salary, he also earns royalties for licensing his images to casino slots, earning him a payout of up to $15 million.
Pat Sajak’s Net Worth in 2021
Pat Sajak’s net worth in 2021 is 70 million.